Happy Valentine’s Day from Compliance Culture!
In honor of the holiday, check out this selection of links on compliance and ethics risks and issues in online dating.
- Potential of chatbots and other artificial intelligence as dating “virtual assistants” and challenges in developing their language and preventing abuse: Can a chatbot help you find love?
- The role of Big-Data in the tension between public activity and consent inherent to online dating: OkCupid Study Reveals the Perils of Big-Data Science
- Moral hacking versus user privacy in 2015 data leak from Ashley Madison, an adultery dating service: Ashley Madison hack: The depressing rise of the “moral” hacker
- Polyamory as ethical non-monogamy on dating apps: Dating Apps Are a Playground for the Polyamorous
- Shifting social norms and moral expectations due to prevalence of dating apps: Has Tinder Really Sparked a Dating Apocalypse?
- The impact of smartphones and other addictive technology on dating: The Theory of Visitors
- Data privacy and information security on dating apps: I asked Tinder for my data. It sent me 800 pages of my darkest, deepest secrets
- Black Mirror’s depiction of an AI-driven, immersive dating community and the risky potential for relationships involving virtual/digital selves: “Hang the DJ” Explores Dystopian Dating
- Online dating, incidences of harassment, and public shaming of abusers as a method of activism or reform for social justice: How Women Are Swiping the Weirdness Out of Online Dating
- Design ethics of dating apps: The Rise of Dating App Fatigue